Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Safe Haven


Couple weekends ago
we hit the road for #1 on my NC Road Trip Bucket List
"yeah that's a mouthful " Southport NC
was #1 on my list to explore, they were having a Springfest
so why not it was a beautiful day

Can I say I love Southport., reminds me of the Town where I grew up in
St. Michaels MD, but before it got all touristy

Southport is right on the water, has lots of quaint shops and places to eat
and a ton of cutest southern cottages 
We want to go back again and check it out more 


Love the Peacock detail on the rails how cool


We explored the Springfest vendors a few Antique shops
Hit the cutest Ice Cream shop, and checked out the ferry to Fort Fisher
We had wanted to take it but the next ferry wasn't until 6pm at night 
eek don't think so. There is also a ferry to Bald Head Island you can catch from here adding that to my list



This is also the town where the novel Safe Haven takes place in fact they just filmed parts of the movie there last year. I did recognize a few locations from the movie. Pretty neat! Love that movie



Ooh what I wouldn't give for a cute little cottage on the water 




Lots of streets lined with Live Oaks, and beautiful porches 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, Thanks for stopping by