Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

DIY A Little Shady



I have been able to squeeze in a little DIY project
here and there, between the taking care of the kids, house work and running
my Etsy shop it's been almost a stress reliever I never thought
I would be so busy staying home but dang., I think I am busier than I ever was
ha ha anyways, I couldn't decided what to do to spruce up this
lampshade, I thought about adding some color to it like wrapping yarn around the shade or adding ric rac or a lace trim.
I even saw a shade with doilies glued all over it.




I am in love with Doilies lately and had some large paper ones
laying around so I decided to stencil them onto the shade for
a hint of color, which seems perfect to not draw attention away
from the cuteness of that milk glass hobnob lamp
(old ebay purchase) 
I used a gray color paint to stencil with and it worked out pretty good
I think the only thing I wish I had done differently was use a small
doily maybe some with different patterns 


I have a few more DIY posts to share, I have made more than 50%
of our Xmas presents this year. So I have a couple of those to share




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, Thanks for stopping by