Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Get Out Your Box Of Grandma's Doilies


Well here I am back at it today with a little DIY for ya'll
I seen something similar to this on Pinterest 
and ran with it and made it my own

I started with a blank canvas 
(well in my case I lucked out and found this one at the thrift store with a hand painted verse on it) eek., sorry 
But it was the perfect size and only cost me a $1 How about that...

I painted it black, but would be great painted your favorite color
maybe a dark teal, dark blue or deep purple
I feel the black makes the perfect back drop
Once it was good and painted with several coats I got out my box of doilies
I had stashed away for a project., I have been picking them up randomly at yardsales and flea markets for awhile and have made a couple table runners
but I love this idea I think it makes a great art piece


Once I had a plan of what I wanted to use I got out my handy dandy
spray adhesive and went to town, I used a cardboard to spray them on the overspray can be a pain in da butt... eek
talking from previous experience here but that's another story


Mine is still not a completed project but I hope to fill in the spaces
with some more as I find them



It's found a home here in my entryway for now., 
I tend move everything around as I get bored with it 

On the subject of the entryway
I am still in search of the perfect console piece for it
until then, this table is working out pretty good., not exactly my style but
it has a great worth to me, to my family
as it's a hand me down from my father, it's been in the family for years
belonged to my great great grandmother

I love the history of a piece
I love the stories behind things, those are things to remember
tales of days gone by, heck an era gone by




What do you think ? I am liking it so far
hoping it's not too cluttered


Here she is, I will have to do a follow up after I add some more to it
**see that doily on the table yeah I didn't I totally could have used that one :(


2 comments:

  1. Such a great idea! I gave a ton of doilies away last year, should have kept a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And that mint vintage camera is AWESOME! Thanks for linking up at the Ginger Jamboree!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, Thanks for stopping by