Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Drift Away


Happy Monday, It's pouring buckets here
Just returned from a whirlwind trip to MD to help load My Parents stuff up
Move to NC is almost complete yay!!

Wanted to share a project I have been working on, 
involving a little rusty metal star and a bag of driftwood

I have had this driftwood forever, waiting for an idea to use it for
I had visions of glueing it around a round mirror hmm but that never happened
So when we moved I threw the driftwood into a metal basket on the front porch with some seashells for decoration

I scored a yucky metal star at an Estate Sale and envisioned painting it
and hanging on the front porch, to add some more color
Then I thought of a driftwood star seen on pinterest from Pottery Barn
and I thought ooh I could try that and then just kind of went with it





A little Trial and Error
As I started using Gorilla Glue to glue the pieces eek
what a mess, the pieces kept sliding off and the glue made a mess
Then out came the glue gun and BAM 300 glue sticks and I was finished
Maddie enjoyed helping me fit pieces together it was pretty fun



The driftwood was a find in the craft store back home in Maryland, It was attached to a long string. Hence all of the holes in the pieces
I don't mind thou I like the look of it




I will have to post a picture of it when I finally decide where to hang
it, I have been going back and forth between the front porch or the foyer ugh :/ decisions, decisions


4 comments:

  1. Oh good! You bought the driftwood. I was just thinking how the heck am I gonna collect all that driftwood!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the drift wood. Thank you so much for linking up to my linky party. Hope to see more from you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Visiting from the All Things Summer link up! Feel free to also link this one up at our Ladies Only Blog Share Link Party. Our theme this week is Red, White & BBQ! This fits nicely. :)

    http://mommifried.com/ladies-only-blog-share-link-party-red-white-bbq/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so clever! I just love all things nautical and beachy! I'd love to try this after I have a chance to collect some wonderful driftwood! Thanks for sharing your project ~ Saw your link on the All Things Summer Party :) Judi

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, Thanks for stopping by