Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day one of our Vacation

Our view from the beach house


Us at the fishing pier


The yellow beach house was ours


Exmore Diner a must stop on Eastern Shore of VA



What a step back into time


Fish tails Rodanthe Pier


House from the movie Nights in Rodanthe not quite what it looks like in the movie



Okay so my pictures are a little out of order.. but who cares. We started out our adventure with a stop in Exmore VA at the Exmore diner for the best lunch in the WORLD! I never heard stopped in Exmore before GPS lead the way. The diner was a bit scary looking but packed full of cars. Good sign right! Not much has changed there since the 50's and I loved it! I had a crab cake sandwich ($6.95 w/fries can't beat that) which was huge and delicious! Much different from back home. We all also got homemade chocolate milkshakes, you know like you used to get with the metal cup!! Yum!! Sorry to go on & on about it . But this was a highlight of our trip...
On to Rodanthe, we arrived 530pm or so. Long but scenic trip. My dad who had never been to the Outer Banks before road down with us. We made a few stops along the way. We stop at Moyok Motors old car heaven. Full of old broncos, pick up trucks and my fave big ol cars! I wish I would have grab a picture but we were all busy hollering ooh look at this & that.
My first impression of Rodanthe was that it was beautiful! The dunes, Pier..everything
A-ha relaxation! Our place was nice! awesome location. We were able to walk down the street to the Rodanthe Pier. We had views of the Ocean & Sound side.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you, Thanks for stopping by